***This is for information only – This site contains no links to the movies***
How to watch the Marvel movies in order: chronological order.
- Captain America: The First Avenger (takes place during WWII)
- Captain Marvel (takes place in 1995)
- Iron Man (takes place in 2010)
- Iron Man 2 (takes place after Iron Man)
- The Incredible Hulk (time unspecified, pre-Avengers)
- Thor (takes place six months before Avengers)
- The Avengers (takes place in 2012)
- Iron Man 3 (takes place six months after The Avengers)
- Thor: Dark World (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
- Captain America: Winter Soldier (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (sometime in 2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (after Guardians)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (takes place in 2015)
- Ant-Man (takes place in 2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (post-Civil War, pre-Infinity War)
- Doctor Strange (takes place in 2016)
- Black Panther (takes place in 2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
- Avengers: Infinity War (takes place in 2017)
- Ant-Man and The Wasp (ambiguous, but fits nicely between IW and Endgame)
- Avengers: Endgame (starts in 2017, finishes in 2022)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (post-Endgame)
Taken from techradar.com follow the link for much more information.
A Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) timeline is likely what you’re here for. Here’s how to watch the Marvel films in chronological order, which starts with the first Captain America movie and (currently) ends with Spider-Man: Far From Home.
It’s arguably worth watching the Marvel movies in this order because you’ll see important events play out as they’re supposed to in the MCU timeline. That way you’ll follow the Tesseract from WWII up until The Avengers assembled, and see Carol Danvers encountering Nick Fury in the ’90s, or see Steve and Bucky’s complete relationship play out.
One Marvel fan calculated it takes 114 steps to watch the Marvel movies in the exact chronological order scene-by-scene, but this list is probably easier to comprehend. Here, then, is the chronological viewing order of the Marvel movies:
When 2020 and 2021 Marvel movies like Black Widow and The Eternals are finally released, along with canonical Disney Plus shows like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision, we’ll update this MCU timeline. Black Widow, for example, is definitely set after Captain America: Civil War, but with its release date delayed until November 2020, we’ve left it off for now.