Popular Wedding First Dance Songs.
Your first dance as a married couple is important. Will you have a slow shuffle around the dance floor or will it be a big choreographed routine?
Whatever you decide it is vital that you pick the right wedding song to accompany your first dance and husband and wife.
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. So if you use them you’ll still get the same great price but I’ll also get a little commission too. That helps me out a lot and thank you to everybody who has supported me.*
Top 10 Wedding First Dance Songs.
Here are the results of a recent survey of the top 10 first dance wedding songs for 2019.
Click any song you like to hear or download it.
- I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith ➢.
- Amazed – Lonestar. ➢
- Wherever you will go – Charlene Soraia ➢.
- A thousand years – Christina Perri. ➢
- I’m yours – Jason Mraz ➢.
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls ➢.
- At last – Etta James ➢.
- Truly madly deeply – Savage Garden ➢.
- Run – Leona Lewis ➢.
- Let’s stay together – Al Green ➢.
- Love at First Sight by Jordan Mackampa ➢.
- Conversations in the Dark by John Legend ➢.
- I Found You by Alabama Shakes ➢.
- Your Song by Elton John.
- Make You Feel My Love by Adele.
- Loving You by Seafret.
- Only You by Yazoo.
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You by Ms. Lauryn Hill.
- Thinking Out Loud, Ed Sheeran.
- Perfect, Ed Sheeran.
- All Of Me, John Legend.
- Iris, Goo Goo Dolls.
- Say You Won’t Let Go, James Arthur.
- A Thousand Years, Christina Perri.
- How Long Will I Love You, Ellie Goulding.
- The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra.
- Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.
- When I Fall in Love by Nat King Cole.
- Love Me Tender by Elvis Presley.
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen.
- Baby I Need Your Loving by The Four Tops.
- In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel.
Modern Songs for Bridal Party Entrance
- Marry Me, Train.
- Happ,y Pharrell Williams.
- Can’t Stop The Feeling, Justin Timberlake.
- I Got A Feeling, Black Eyed Peas.
- Dancing In The Moonlight, Toploader.
- Crazy In Love, Beyonce.
- Shape of You, Ed Sheeran.
- Marry You, Bruno Mars.
Picking Your First Dance Song.
That particular song you share.
Maybe the song that was playing when you first met. Or the tune on the radio when plucked up the courage to ask them out on a date. A pet song you sing to each other.
Whatever makes that song unique to you both is what makes it so special and an excellent choice for your first dance together.
A classic love song.
You can’t go wrong with a classic right? Probably not, I will go into more detail about specific songs later but many new and old classics come up a lot.
I was pleased to see one of my favourite modern classics make the number 1 spot in a recent survey.
Something a bit daft.
It could also be that silly song you share a guilty pleasure for. Or maybe you just want your wedding guests to have a bit of a laugh.
Not that any wedding should need it but this can make a good icebreaker and get your guests on to the dance floor with you quickly.
A plus if you are not confident about your dance moves.
Who Plays the Music?
Wedding DJ – Of course, the standard is to have a DJ spinning the digital decks. This works well, it’s the version we all know and recognise.
A good DJ will read the mood and tastes of the wedding guests well. He will keep the energy going all evening by switching around the tracks.
A wedding band – A great choice. You have to love the sound of live music. They can also personalise your chosen song to suit you.
Great energy and a good choice. It’s so easy for them to deviate from their set but many good wedding bands can and will if they feel the guests are looking for something a little different.
A family member or guest – I have seen this done beautifully many times. Somebody close to the couple Plays and/or sings the newlyweds first dance song. I think this makes it a very personal and special moment.
Call Bryan: 07955 888 761
If I don’t answer leave a message, I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you prefer, message. Text, WhatsApp or whatever suits you.
If you give me some information about your day and what you are looking for. I will be able to come back to you with some relevant information.
Find some helpful wedding articles here.